Parts of Braces
Drs. Savage, Sabol & Visser want you to know and understand the parts of the braces. People living in and around Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake and Virginia’s eastern shore, may seek orthodontic treatment to correct issues with their teeth and jaw structures to give them a beautiful and confident smile.
What are the Parts of Braces?
- Archwire: wire used as a source of force to direct teeth to move in desired directions.
- Headgear tube: a cylindrical tube where the headgear is attached, if prescribed.
- Ball hook: used for attachment of elastics.
- Elastic ligature: color or clear elastic tie used to secure the archwire to the bracket.
- Steel ligature: small steel wire tied to the bracket to secure the archwire to the bracket.
- Coil spring: small spring placed around an arch wire to either maintain or increase the space between teeth.
- Elastic: rubber band used to move teeth in the prescribed direction.
- Gingiva: soft tissue around and between the teeth.
- Elastic hook: hook soldered to band to serve as a place to hook your elastics to the molar teeth.
Drs. Savage, Sabol & Visser strive to ensure their patients have an understanding of the parts of braces and how they work. They want their patients to be partners with them in correcting and aligning their teeth to create a beautiful smile. We offer orthodontic treatment options for just $99 down and as little as $200 a month.