These days, the experience of having braces has become almost synonymous with being a teenager. Countless young people wear braces every year and put in the time early on in life to help create a beautiful, healthy smile for years to come. And in recent years, adults who missed out on braces in their youth have begun turning to orthodontics to enhance their smiles. Given the popularity and regularity of having braces, there are a variety of different types of braces from which patients can choose. Ready to learn more? Here is what you need to know.
Braces for Every Smile
At Savage, Sabol and Visser Orthodontics, we offer a wide range of braces, including:
- Ceramic Braces – These braces are ideal for those who prefer an invisible corrective treatment. Ceramic braces are an excellent choice for patients who are unable to wear Invisalign®, but who are still seeking a discrete plan for correcting teeth alignment.
- Lingual Braces – Also known as hidden braces, lingual braces are simply metal braces that are worn on the backs of the teeth. This is another excellent choice for those who would prefer not to look as though they are wearing braces.
- Metal Braces – The traditional approach, metal braces are the strongest and most durable choice. These braces are used to treat a wide range of orthodontic concerns.
- Colored Braces – A simple way to make wearing braces more fun and customized, colored bands can be applied to metal braces.
- Preventative or Interceptive Braces – In some cases, young patients may benefit from preventative orthodontics to help guide the teeth into proper alignment, widen dental arches, correct bites, and more.
- Accelerated Orthodontics – Not all patients have the time to wait for traditional orthodontic improvement. With accelerated orthodontics, our team combines standard treatments with minor oral surgery to minimize the time it takes to achieve results.
- Six-Month Braces – Ideal for patients with non-severe orthodontic concerns, these abbreviated braces are designed to primarily address smile improvement.
Treatment: At What Cost?
As with all orthodontic treatment, the cost of your procedure will vary depending on factors such as the type of braces you receive and your dental insurance. However, when you meet with our team, we can discuss pricing details as they relate to your unique concerns.
Get Started, Today
If your smile doesn’t leave you feeling great, there is no better time than the present to take matters into your own hands. At Savage, Sabol and Visser Orthodontics, we offer braces for every patient’s unique needs and are confident that we can create an affordable treatment plan that will work for you. If you have questions about braces and are ready to take the next step, we are here to help. Simply contact our offices in and around Virginia Beach to get started.